You are here

Can I apply for the Europass Mobility for a period spent abroad as an au pair or for language courses?


The Europass Mobility records periods of learning spent abroad in Europe. Europass Mobility applications are usually made by schools, vocational schools, vocational training centres, international offices at academic institutions, human resources departments at companies and universities.It is essential that the quality criteria laid down in the Europass Decision for the period to be spent abroad are met. These criteria are as follows:

  • a written agreement between the home institution and host organisation on the content, aims and duration of the period of learning;
  • appropriate linguistic preparation of participants;
  • a mentor abroad to provide support and act as a contact partner;
  • each of the countries involved must be a Member State of the European Union or an EFTA/EEA country.

Not finding what you need?

95% of questions can be answered using the search tool. This is the quickest way to get a response.